Monday 3 December 2012

Magnificent Mermaid 6th Birthday Party


Aaliyah turned 6 and mom Nafiesa did not want to hold anything back but wanted everything that could make this little girl feel like a real special mermaid!  My work was cut out for me and I immediately started with the planning.  I had ONE week to create the party of little Aaliyah's dreams. We worked with soft colours such as sea green, turquoise and  a touch of pink and purple.  Each child received an edible "message in a bottle" which I displayed in brown sugar to make it look like sea sand. We had candy floss in the most amazing colours displayed as "ice-cream" with wafer sticks. The cake pops I had made came out STUNNING!!  The handmade "treasure chests" were a big hit as well as the "starfish surpise" in hessian bags I made.  The cake was made with different layers of colours inside the cake, displaying ruffles outside - amazing.

Vendor Credits:

Cake, cupcakes & cake pops:  Designer Cakes
Oyster cakes:  Designer Cakes
Printing:  Franic (www.franic.co.za)
Photography:  Malitzak Photography (www.malitzak.co.za)
Styling & design:  Organizit Party Styling


























No comments:

Post a Comment